|Description||Grown chemical-free at the lush Shakomato Estate, our turmeric powder is grown and packaged with the highest care and quality standards. Order our Shakomato's, organic turmeric powder today!||Shakomato's Chia Seeds are grown without the use of harmful chemicals and thus, are perfect for a gluten-free & vegan lifestyle. Order the super fresh and organic Chia Seeds, from Shakomato today!||The 'star among medicinal species' is produced organically with adherence to high-quality norms and delivered fresh to you. Order Shakomato's coveted chamomile today!||The black sesame at Shakomato is produced with care and craft, packaged masterfully to ensure the goodness reaches you fresh. Order Shakomato's black sesame today!||We grow black pepper varieties Penniyar-1 and Karimunda, the mother vines are sourced from tribal settlements of South India. The produce is dried and perfected for consumption at the Shakomato Estate and shipped to you fresh! Order Shakomato's Black Pepper today!||Tulsi is native to India, where it often graces shrines and homes as an aromatic perennial shrub. Order Shakomatos's 100% Organic Basil Oil today!|
|Content||Turmeric, also known as Haldi has been used in India for thousands of years as both a spice and medicinal herb. Recently, science has started to back up traditional claims that turmeric contains compounds with medicinal properties. The active ingredient responsible for benefits is called curcuminoids.
After cutting the fresh turmeric fingers into smaller pieces, the drying is done under the sun to bring crispiness. The resultant turmeric is then grounded to powder sealed in airtight packages. We bring you nutrients and aroma intact turmeric powder.
The key compound of Curcuma is called Curcumin. Dried turmeric root can be added to tea blends for an earthy flavour. The dried roots can be used in tincture as a natural dye. The antiseptic properties make organic turmeric one of the most favoured export products from SHAKOMATO.
- Powerful medicinal properties
- Anti-inflammatory effects; considered good for joint and muscle pain, cold and cough, indigestion, bloating
- Healing property: clears skin infections/ diseases and promotes overall well-being
- Culinary Value: Adds to taste, fragrance and aroma to the food; it is a core cooking for curries.
- Bone health
- Safe for long term use
|Chia seeds come from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, a member of the mint family.
SHAKOMATO’s chia seeds are grown in organic conditions.
Chia seeds can be eaten raw or prepared in a number of dishes. Sprinkle ground or whole chia seeds on cereal, rice, yogurt or vegetables. Chia seeds are very absorbent and develop a gelatinous texture when soaked in water making it easy to mix them into cooked cereal or other dishes.
- Lowers triglycerides.
- Improves blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes and prevents sugar spikes
- Richest plant source for Calcium, fibre, Omega-3 fatty acids
- Being a rich source of antioxidants, they can help prevent premature ageing of the skin caused due to free radical damage
- It is a source of complete protein containing all 9 essential amino acids.
- Suitable For Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Heart Health, Skin Care
- Dietary Preference Natural, Keto, Vegan, Gluten Free
|SHAKOMATO’s chamomile is grown in an organic environment. The daisy-like flowering plant comes from the Asteraceae family often referred to as the “star among medicinal species.” Nowadays it is a highly favoured and much used medicinal plant in folk and traditional medicine. Chamomile is a naturally caffeine-free herb that can be brewed into a light gold colour, like soft sunshine.
The chamomile available in the market is mostly adulterated and substituted by close relatives of chamomile. Chamomile flowers of Shakomato are grown in-house in the organic plot and dried in aseptic conditions to give the full flavour of the flower heads.
- Widespread use of chamomile is as a tisane. It is often enjoyed on its own as a herbal tea
- Has herbal properties that alleviate cold, stomach upset, anxiety,
- Has calming effects, gives good night's sleeps
|Black sesame seeds are small, flat, oily seeds that grow in the fruit pods of the Sesamum indicum plant, which has been cultivated for thousands of years.
Sesame seeds grow in a variety of colours, including shades of black, brown, tan, grey, gold, and white. Black sesame seeds are primarily produced in Asia, although they’re quickly gaining popularity around the world. The Black Sesame at Shakomato is produced with care and craft, packaged masterfully to reach you fresh and healthy!
Sesame seed is the seed of the sesame plant (Sesamum indicum). The plant is an annual herb that produces pods containing edible sesame seeds. Special care is taken to use the fresh and pure ingredients, the herbs are properly cleansed and processed as per authoritative texts/methods to retain its natural aroma, colour, taste, purity and effectiveness and maintain the quality.
- Contains lignan fibre & phytosterols plant compounds that have cholesterol-lowering effects.
- A decent source of calcium, magnesium, and minerals is linked to better blood pressure control.
|We grow black pepper varieties Penniyar-1 and Karimunda, the mother vines are sourced from tribal settlements of South India. Black Pepper grows on vines attached to tall trees. Green colour berries are first spotted on the vines indicating that the crop is now coming forth. Berries can be harvested only when anyone berry in the cluster shows scarlet red colour. Mature berries are harvested between November to March. After basic processing, berries are dried in the sun till the outer skin becomes black and shrunken giving the appearance of high-quality black peppercorns. These corns are then dipped in boiling water for one minute and then sun-dried before packing. Piperine is the alkaloid responsible for the pungency of black pepper.
- Contains a powerful bioactive compound – piperine
- Has antioxidants that help to lower the risk of chronic illnesses.
- The most significant benefit of black pepper is its ability to absorb curcumin
- Food flavour enhancer.
- Improves blood sugar control.
- Can regulate cholesterol levels.
- Have cancer-fighting properties. …
- A versatile spice.
|Shakomato’s Tulsi leaves are 100% pure organic.
Tulsi is native to India, where it often graces shrines and homes as an aromatic perennial shrub.
- Tulsi leaves are used as herbal tea in Ayurveda. It’s used in Thai cuisine and is best-known dish made with this herb is phat kaphrao
- Holy basil or tulsi leaves in Hindi are considered good for skin, hair and build immunity in the body. It’s cultivated for its medicinal and essential oils
- Consuming tulsi leaves with a per cent of black pepper in boiling water helps build immunity. It’s considered good for skin and consumed and applied topically
- Kadha, a mix of ginger, Tulasi leaves, and crushed pepper in boiling water, is considered good for the body. Tulsi leaves is loaded with R, vitamin a and c
- Free from Harmful Chemicals, Pesticides & No Additives